Forum Update - We're back! Ask your questions here.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm not aware of a plan to add the list of forums (message boards) to the drop down menu on the Forums button.

When you visit the site, there's a log in link in the menu. No need to wait until you visit a specific forum (message board) such as Making Music On The Road.

Having a new tab open is a setting in your web browser.

You can set options for alerts (the 'bell') in your profile - click your name in the menu and select Preferences.
Apparently whatever version is running my laptop doesn't like the change. It opens what looks like the previous site, there is no log in option, and the info is for 2018.
2018 Rallies
January 19-28 Quartzsite 2018 rally
July 8-15 Ely, Minnesota rally
August 11-18 Ouray off-roading rally
November 4-11 Death Valley rally
2019 Rallies
November
Jackson, CA rally
If I click on the "here" option in the paragraph about music, it does direct me to the new sight. But I don't see the same format as everyone is talking about. I can get the new one on my phone, however. New phone too, little bit of a learning curve with that.

I'm hope this will be an easy fix for the laptop. More research. Thanks, hopefully will be back soon.

Apparently whatever version is running my laptop doesn't like the change. It opens what looks like the previous site, there is no log in option, and the info is for 2018.
2018 Rallies
January 19-28 Quartzsite 2018 rally
July 8-15 Ely, Minnesota rally
August 11-18 Ouray off-roading rally
November 4-11 Death Valley rally
2019 Rallies
November
Jackson, CA rally
If I click on the "here" option in the paragraph about music, it does direct me to the new sight. But I don't see the same format as everyone is talking about. I can get the new one on my phone, however. New phone too, little bit of a learning curve with that.

I'm hope this will be an easy fix for the laptop. More research. Thanks, hopefully will be back soon.
Sounds like you might need to empty your web browser cache.

Is there a "mark all posts as read" for the New Posts forum? The only button I find is "mark all forums as read." Thanks!

Mark all Forums Read will do what you need. You can also do this on a per-forum basis.

One thing that didn’t transfer over is time zone. Posts were being shown at UTC for me. Took a bit to find it, but I set mine back to my home location (central time US).

One thing that didn’t transfer over is time zone. Posts were being shown at UTC for me. Took a bit to find it, but I set mine back to my home location (central time US).
As with the old forum, time zone is set in your profile (click your name above and click Preferences).

Is there any way to change skin format to other than the hideous red banners or somber dark background?
I have the red banners but text background is white and page background is a pale blue. I think the forum style in your Preferences may govern that. The choices are RV Forum and RV Network Dark. I'm using RV Forum.

Any way we access the library while waiting for the published link?
Not at this time Phil. It's more complicated than adding a link, and we await info from management on how this stuff will be handled going forward. Whatever is done needs to apply across all RVL sites.

Is there any way to change skin format to other than the hideous red banners or somber dark background?
Please add me to the complainers about the all the RED. It is waayy too much, and hard to look at. Red is one of my favs, but maybe add some grey to it to reduce the potency. Blue-greys are always good to use - easy on the eyes.

TIA
Linda

I can't seem to find a way to see new unread posts on a per forum basis. The FORUMS->New Posts selection seems to give me posts for the entire site, which I'm not interested in. Am I missing something?

I can't seem to find a way to see new unread posts on a per forum basis. The FORUMS->New Posts selection seems to give me posts for the entire site, which I'm not interested in. Am I missing something?
Click on the Forums button (not the drop-down menu) and you'll get a listing of all the individual forums. Scroll down the page if needed to see them. The Forums with new messages will be in BOLDFACE and will have a "New" flag. Forums without new messages will be in normal type.

Open the Forum you're interested in. Again, threads with unread messages will be in BOLDFACE type, the rest will be in normal type.

You can "Mark Forums Read" at the top of the page so only threads with new messages are shown in Boldface on your next visit.

Please add me to the complainers about the all the RED. It is waayy too much, and hard to look at. Red is one of my favs, but maybe add some grey to it to reduce the potency. Blue-greys are always good to use - easy on the eyes.

TIA
Linda
Me too. Too much red. Hurts my eyes.

Click on the Forums button (not the drop-down menu) and you'll get a listing of all the individual forums. Scroll down the page if needed to see them. The Forums with new messages will be in BOLDFACE and will have a "New" flag. Forums without new messages will be in normal type.

Open the Forum you're interested in. Again, threads with unread messages will be in BOLDFACE type, the rest will be in normal type.

Or you can "Mark Forums Read" at the top of the page so only threads with new messages are shown in Boldface on your next visit.

I have yet to see this BOLD type on unread messages, Tom. That would make things MUCH easier, though. The ones I've read (even several times since the latest) still don't look any different than those that just had a fresh post. I've had to guess by time stamps.

I have yet to see this BOLD type on unread messages, Tom. That would make things MUCH easier, though. The ones I've read (even several times since the latest) still don't look any different than those that just had a fresh post. I've had to guess by time stamps.
Larry, I and others elsewhere (maybe also here) don't see it either. I've been switching between browsers, between devices, and between sites, and the only combo that doesn't display the Bold font (for me) is PC/Firefox/Xenforo/this site. I've searched on several forums (Firefox and Xenforo), but haven't come up with an answer specifically for Bold not displaying (for me). There is a simple fix that uses red instead of black but, that's not yet approved for use here, because Bold works for some/most folks.

I'll let you know if I find an alternate solution. Meanwhile, care to share your device (PC, Tablet) & browser combo. Also, if you have time, would you mind checking it out with a different browser, such as Chrome. TIA.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom