Forum Update - We're back! Ask your questions here.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Did something change with the BOLD for the unread?, wow somehow it is very bold now. It's so bold it's fuzzy. Old way much better.

Attachments

• BOLD.JPG
    BOLD.JPG
    82.1 KB · Views: 5
I'll let you know if I find an alternate solution. Meanwhile, care to share your device (PC, Tablet) & browser combo. Also, if you have time, would you mind checking it out with a different browser, such as Chrome. TIA.

Well, I do see the bold with Chrome, in the home page, but not in a section with unread posts. I'm using a Digital Storm PC on Windows 7 with the latest Waterfox browser (almost a Firefox clone).

Larry, I and others elsewhere (maybe also here) don't see it either. I've been switching between browsers, between devices, and between sites, and the only combo that doesn't display the Bold font (for me) is PC/Firefox/Xenforo/this site. I've searched on several forums (Firefox and Xenforo), but haven't come up with an answer specifically for Bold not displaying (for me). There is a simple fix that uses red instead of black but, that's not yet approved for use here, because Bold works for some/most folks.

I'll let you know if I find an alternate solution. Meanwhile, care to share your device (PC, Tablet) & browser combo. Also, if you have time, would you mind checking it out with a different browser, such as Chrome. TIA.
I'm running Firefox 85.02 (64-bit) under Windows 10 (64-bit) and I don't see any bold on threads with unread posts.

Firefox doesn't seem to be showing BOLD at all. I've tried using the B text format option in the editor but it doesn't do anything. Italic & Underscore work, but Bold does not .

Firefox doesn't seem to be showing BOLD at all. I've tried using the B text format option in the editor but it doesn't do anything. Italic & Underscore work, but Bold does not .
Tech Support Mike is working on it. We have a solution that works, but may not be the right one for this forum.

FYI the Bold in the text editor actually does work, but you and I can't see it in FF. Try bolding some text in a message (highlight and click the Bold link), then viewing it in another browser or on another device (Android tablet or iPad), and you'll see the bold text.

Last edited:
Does changing the text size in the browser do anything to make the Boldface more visible (ctrl + and ctrl -)?

Does changing the text size in the browser do anything to make the Boldface more visible (ctrl + and ctrl -)?
Lou, the issue appears to be font weight rather than font size. For some reason that eludes me, Firefox requires a font weight >500 to display bold. This can be confirmed by using FF's Web Developer|Inspector tool, highlighting the text that should display bold, and changing the font weight. However, as we saw, a heavier font made things fuzzy for some folks.

Not sure what the next step is, but Mike is working on it.

I just noticed that above each avatar the user name of the "Site Team" is bold, but others are not. Also, on the right, the members online list, the "Site Team" is bold, but others are not.

I had thought that the browser took care of making text bold, just by specifying bold, but apparently they've put more into it than that.

I just noticed that above each avatar the user name of the "Site Team" is bold, but others are not. Also, on the right, the members online list, the "Site Team" is bold, but others are not.

I had thought that the browser took care of making text bold, just by specifying bold, but apparently they've put more into it than that.
Interesting as Site Team isn't bold (using Chrome on my android tablet) for me Larry. Not sure if it's because I am one. Just highlighting it in case it's useful....

The site team usernames should be displaying in bold both next to their posts and over in the members online list. (makes it easier to find them to get help) The "site team" title is not bold (at least for now). We can make changes if this needs improvement.

I see all names in bold with avatars but only site team member names in bold for members online. The words "site team" are not in bold...

It's not that "we're" using the outdated stuff, it's that XP can't support modern SSL protocol (note the little lock icon in your browser address line). Firefox, Chrome, Edge or Safari should all be fine... it might be time to shelve XP (sorry).
Hey, like the new site. I'm using a kindle Fire and got on fine.

Should they be? It can be arranged...
I see only Site Team names in bold under the avatars, Janet, and the same in the Members Online list. As I mentioned above, I use the latest Waterfox browser. But I see no bold in unread forums or threads, so obviously those are done in a different fashion from the ones that I do see bold.

Looks like you've fixed the BOLD issue in Firefox! Threads with unread entries now properly show up in bold. Good job!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davidomero
Back
Top Bottom