If you are interested in a RAM 2500 or other Stellantis product........

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CharlesinGA

Now is a good time to bargain.

MAKEMODELMARKET DAY SUPPLYAVERAGE SELLING PRICETOTAL FOR SALETOTAL SOLD (45 DAYS)
RamRam 2500784$69,4081,60292
DodgeHornet517$39,93110,781939
DodgeCharger424$46,68733,4633,549
DodgeChallenger362$53,95425,8073,205
FordMustang Mach-E358$57,11425,4303,200
JaguarF-Type356$99,45065783
Chrysler300339$43,7615,322707
Mercedes-BenzSL319$166,6651,027145
Jeep®Cherokee301$36,6542,351351
MaseratiLevante288$104,112864135

Currently replacing the clutch on our 2014 Ram 2500 Cummins 4x4 for the first time. Just pulled out the transfer case. Love the stick in it, but also love the off-road features of our 2016 Ram 2500 6.4L Power Wagon 4x4 for our Rockies living. Paid $36K for the 2016. Both were difficult Ram trucks to obtain due to so few were manufactured. Wish that the 2016 had a stick too since it wouldn't have cost $6,800 to fix the automatic this year.

I paid 50% less than that for my 2023 RAM 2500. Some folks are just idjits.
Thats why they say its an AVERAGE selling price. Some are more, some are less. Diesel adds a several thousand dollar premium, HO diesel even more due to the Asin transmission. 4 door, deluxe interior and exterior trim, even more. They don't sell a lot of tradesman models, and few single cab models, so they don't pull the average down much.

Charles

I got curious about the Ram so did a quick cars.com search on used. Just casually observing it seems to me that used prices must be coming down a bit. For me when a used truck is over $50k it is out of reach to me.

There are a lot of decent choices >100k miles and <$40k within 100 miles of me. If I was currently in the market for a 2500 I would definitely be sniffin' around that 2022...

1703334212639.png

Last edited:
Thats why they say its an AVERAGE selling price. Some are more, some are less. Diesel adds a several thousand dollar premium, HO diesel even more due to the Asin transmission. 4 door, deluxe interior and exterior trim, even more. They don't sell a lot of tradesman models, and few single cab models, so they don't pull the average down much.

Charles
Actually, the Tradesman trim level may be the lowest in the lineup, but it's the 2nd highest selling model behind the Limited, which is the most expensive line. Still, anyone paying more than $50k for a truck isn't getting one that rides any better than one costing twice as much.

Still, anyone paying more than $50k for a truck isn't getting one that rides any better than one costing twice as much.
Not necessarily true in the F-150 line. We test drove two different trim levels, Lariat (higher end) and XLT (middle). The Lariat was definitely more comfortable with more adjustments to the seat and better padding. We ended up with the XLT model though since we tow the truck long distances, but we seldom drive in it more than 2-3 hours. I have ended up regretting that since the dumb XLT doesn’t have adjustable side mirror arms! We go through life with mirrors either stuck out for towing or closed completely against the truck for parking.

If I needed 2 cars, I would look at the Charger. Love the style, and get the V6 model. 4 doors as we seniors appreciate. Not sure I would buy it, but would definitely test drive one. Seats might be a little low to get in and out of.

We have the Laramie trim on our 2014 Cummins 6.7 crew cab Ram 2500 4x4 with a stick. The payload capacity on it is 2,065 pounds. Our 2016 6.4L crew cab Ram 2500 4x4 is a bare bones Tradesman with the Power Wagon option and the payload isn't much at 1,436 pounds. It would be next to nothing being closer to 1,000 pounds with the premium trim. Couldn't even tow our 25 foot Travel Trailer without adding air shocks on it if our Tradesman were anything less. It would sag in the rear. Our Laramie has air shocks and it tows much more heavier loads than our Tradesman even with 3.42-1 axle ratio. The Tradesman Power Wagon is 4.10-1 and it's loaded with off-road options for getting out of our rural mountain location.

Not necessarily true in the F-150 line. We test drove two different trim levels, Lariat (higher end) and XLT (middle). The Lariat was definitely more comfortable with more adjustments to the seat and better padding. We ended up with the XLT model though since we tow the truck long distances, but we seldom drive in it more than 2-3 hours. I have ended up regretting that since the dumb XLT doesn’t have adjustable side mirror arms! We go through life with mirrors either stuck out for towing or closed completely against the truck for parking.
The 150/1500 trim levels all seem to have more options to choose from to make them more comfortable. I was specifically referring to the 2500 models. None of the options I saw when I ordered mine would have done much other than make the truck more expensive. And even more of an electronic problem waiting to happen.

My take on that chart is: a few high end makers, and one that was counting on a lot more rental fleet numbers, gambled on economy recovery and lost. I also expect that, since they are unsold, the price column is msrp. When the supply is that heavy, nobody pays that.

One of the biggest advantages with the new XLT, even though they now sacrifice the leather option on most on the lot vehicles, they still offer the heated seats as pretty must standard in the 302A packages. I think a lot of people do not realize that heat in leather seats are the reason for seat cracking down the road.

Of course the supposed leather is some sort of fake leather in a similar but different way as the stock seats in rvs. During some of the years Ford would tell the consumer its all recycled crap. Man does it show it too, even in its first year of use.

There are some good aftermarket upgrades that if your keep your vehicle youn can refresh your interior seating for a decent price versus buying the new trucks for a rediculous price of around 20 thousand more now from the middle 2010 to the 2023 years. Ask me how I know.

This is just one feature that you get versus the Lariat. You need to look closely at the tow features thats needed when buying the 150s. The Lariats will not always have the rear end and suspension system.

Fortunately I upgraded my tow mirrors with Ford genuine ones that comes on the 250s , yes manual. But the stock mirrors on the 150s is worse than using a womens makeup mirror by hand. You can't see crap.

Plus the upgrades have fisheyes at the bottoms on both sides. Man do they make things easier even without towing, even with all the upgraded side warning system thats built into the electronics on the truck. The side night courtesy lights with the camera in them makes the change out a four bolt plug and play change out.

Last edited:
Jay, heated seats are a “must have” for us! And I am one of the odd people that prefers cloth seats; they are so much more comfortable in hot or cold weather. We actually had not much choice in trucks. We don’t tow with it, but we put a UTV in the bed. Determining which models could handle that payload safely was the biggest decision, and the 6.5’ bed of the XLT was a balance of function, cost, and comfort. It is an amazingly comfortable ride! A 3/4 ton would also have worked, but it costs more and weighs more. While we have a 10,000 pound tow limit, we didn’t see any reason to push that more than we had to. As it is I can definitely tell the difference with a 5,300 pound toad with and without the 1,200 pound UTV.

The Charger, Challenger, Cherokee, and 300 are all discontinued after 2023.

The new Hornet is a rebadged Alfa Romeo Tonale. Nice little car, but is clearly not being well-received.

RAM still makes an OK truck, but there are other options from Ford and GM which are still made in the US.

The Charger, Challenger, Cherokee, and 300 are all discontinued after 2023.

The new Hornet is a rebadged Alfa Romeo Tonale. Nice little car, but is clearly not being well-received.

RAM still makes an OK truck, but there are other options from Ford and GM which are still made in the US.
At least until this happens....

Dodge CEO Tim Kuniskis has alluded to the possibility that the Charger and Challenger names could be used for future electrified vehicles, including a forthcoming electric muscle car in 2024. He’s previously said he believes electrification — whether hybrid vehicles with less powerful engines or all-electric models — will save what he has called the new “Golden Age of muscle cars.”

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom