If you are interested in a RAM 2500 or other Stellantis product........

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
And for the record there are MANY instances of these vehicles catching fire without being in an accident. I didn't even click on any of the links so I have no idea about that one incident.
True. To be exact there have been 218 tesla fires in the world in total recorded since 2016. (There’s a website that tracks this) That is out of the over 5 million cars tesla has built. The incidence of fires in EV’s in general per 100,000 vehicles is about 62 times lower than gasoline cars. Insurance companies keep track of this sort of stuff.

Most insurance companies agree that if gas car makers don’t get their rate of fires down to where electric cars are within the next decade they will have to charge a high fire risk premium on gas vehicles going forward.

IMG_6372.jpeg

Last edited:
Amazing how angry that makes some folks when they're behind you.
I have a theory that if no car is near you it becomes impossible for another car to hit me. I don't tailgate and I don't let anyone tailgate me. If someone does attempt to tailgate me I will continually reduce my speed until the tailgater eventually passes me. I don't let cars drive next to me either.
In fact, I'd rather see millions more of them so gasoline costs won't be so volatile for people like me who will never own an electric vehicle for daily driving.
This reminds me of the professional photographers who would never in a million years use digital. They are all using digital now.

Reading the evolution from the OP post with all these different numbers game, are you guys a bunch of car dealer sales managers waiting for the unsuspecting purchaser that gets pinned in their offices until you sign up for a new vehicle? These are the only one that can manipulate numbers to make you think you are getting a brand new vehicle for the price of a vehicle in some abandoned junkyard.

50 percent of 70 grand is 35 grand, which no one is paying for a brand new truck these days with creature comforts with an engine and four tires on it.

Face it folks very few people want vinyl seats, roll down windows and two sixty ac, where you roll down the windows and hopefully can go sixty for air to cool your armpits.

Car dealers do not loose money on any vehicle. All those quartz lights shining brightly in the middle of the night on the asphalt lots or over the ceramic tile inside showrooms does not come free.

But I guess this on going exchange is for entertainment purposes only without the dancing girls and guys figuring out who will be taking home the one in with the bleached hair and botox lips in sparkles.:ROFLMAO:

Car dealers do not loose money on any vehicle. All those quartz lights shining brightly in the middle of the night on the asphalt lots or over the ceramic tile inside showrooms does not come free.

It's like Vegas. Someone else is paying for all those lights cuz I always win - LOL...

Car dealers can and do lose money on vehicles, and when they do, someone goes home with a good deal. It's typically a new vehicle they lose money on, too. Used vehicles and service departments keep car dealers in the black ink.

They can lose money on used cars, too. Usually when they discover, after taking the vehicle in inventory, that it needs significant work or was misrepresented during the trade. It's a gray area, should the dealer attempt to pursue the seller, or dump the vehicle at auction and distance themselves from any further losses.

Almost all of my new vehicles have been cars the dealer is trying to dump. These are aged units with a stack of cash on the hood, and when a buyer walks in, equipped to buy and willing to do so right then and there, the dealer sees a good opportunity to unload one of their oldest and costliest vehicles on the lot, and they'll deal.

Last edited:
This reminds me of the professional photographers who would never in a million years use digital. They are all using digital now.
Of course the difference is the massive improvement in digital photography since they first said they'd never use it. I suspect few of them expected the improvements that made digital mostly better than film, not to mention the cost savings from when they went through films as if it were scratch paper.

I suspect that many who reject EV today will someday find that the improvements to come may make it much more attractive.

Incidentally, all these Ram folks might find this interesting:

I suspect that many who reject EV today will someday find that the improvements to come may make it much more attractive.

It's possible, maybe, those who are underserved by current range/charging speed/charger availability, who would otherwise buy one if it met their current needs.

I don't know that the tribally opposed will ever be attracted to EV's because they represent a personal threat of sorts.

Tribal threat? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: There is nothing tribal about the EV loyalists,:rolleyes: [just follow along right here on this forum] typing past the numerous and genuine issues thats added by some folks with the current ev vehicles for regular use in a wide variety of needs. This is just plain silly.

So not withstanding the numerous issues with recharging as a standard practice as we see with refueling ICE vehicles, by all means tell the unenlightened ones how would we the pull the average rv that we all use regularly across such a wide range of regions in this country with any current electric vehicle. [wow, a long sentence] . .:LOL:
Or:
""You need to get to go, and need to be able to get where you need to go to do the work and get home."
:ROFLMAO:

Can you recreate your motorhome with electric power and use it? NOPE, and it ain't in the cards as standard stocking on your favorite rv sales retailer.

This rediculous creation of EVs and seeing them being pushed on the general population, sometimes now by force with the mythical guidelines of phasing out fossil fuels and vehicles is truly tribal by the wealthy, which I must add do not live their daily lives solely using electric powered transportation.

Last edited:
Incidentally, all these Ram folks might find this interesting:
It's been out for a few days. All the brand forums have a massive thread building, and every u-tube celeb that discusses pickups already has an episode out covering it.

There's something there, but nobody knows exactly what. It will take some months, maybe more than a year, before any actionable information gets released to the public.

Tribal threat? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: There is nothing tribal about the EV loyalists,:rolleyes: [just follow along right here on this forum] typing past the numerous and genuine issues thats added by some folks with the current ev vehicles for regular use in a wide variety of needs. This is just plain silly.

So not withstanding the numerous issues with recharging as a standard practice as we see with refueling ICE vehicles, by all means tell the unenlightened ones how would we the pull the average rv that we all use regularly across such a wide range of regions in this country with any current electric vehicle. [wow, a long sentence] . .:LOL:

Can you recreate your motorhome with electric power and use it? NOPE, and it ain't in the cards as standard stocking on your favorite rv sales retailer.

This rediculous creation of EVs and seeing them being pushed on the general population, sometimes now by force with the mythical guidelines of phasing out fossil fuels and vehicles is truly tribal by the wealthy, which I must add do not live their daily lives solely using electric powered transportation.

giphy.gif

Ah. A member of the tribe has spoken.

View attachment 170053

I actually own an EV. Do you?
You own a motorhome powered by electric? Please share. Do you own an electric vehicle that will pull the average 5th wheel that we see in peoples signatures?

If not talk about things being obsolete here, if some folks have something to do with it and further restrictions on our dependable energy resources will only place more burdens in so many areas for our overall economy and personal off hours to use rvs, since this forum is about rvs..

Like I said talking past sensible and realistic issues highlighting why evs are not ready for across the board primetime happens on a frequent basis here.

Last edited:
You own a motorhome powered by electric? Please share. Do you own an electric vehicle that will pull the average 5th wheel that we see in peoples signatures?

If not talk about things being obsolete here, if some folks have something to do with it and further restrictions on our dependable energy resources will only place more burdens in so many areas for our overall economy and personal off hours to use rvs, since this forum is about rvs..

Like I said talking past sensible and realistic issues highlighting why evs are not ready for across the board primetime happens on a frequent basis here.

What are you talking about?

I didn't buy an EV for towing nor did I buy an EV to replace my motorhome, just like I wouldn't buy a gas-powered sedan and expect it to tow a 5th wheel (I don't own one), or someone else's 5th wheel, for that matter.

WE bought an EV (actually, it's for my husband) because it's what he wanted, and I really, really enjoy the performance, and we wanted one. It was a totally elective purchase.

Did you know someone can own multiple types of vehicles, and enjoy them all for what they are intended to do?

Of course the difference is the massive improvement in digital photography since they first said they'd never use it. I suspect few of them expected the improvements that made digital mostly better than film, not to mention the cost savings from when they went through films as if it were scratch paper.
Digital has not had a massive improvement in the last 20 years, however you can no longer get film processed at a reasonable cost.

I will add that our ~800 mile round trip to rural Northern Idaho in below-freezing temperatures and crossing several mountain passes this weekend in our EV was a delight. We'd walk out to it in the morning and it had already defrosted itself, warmed up the seats.

Not once did it burst into flames, I was pretty surprised. But, I had set my expectations rather low given some of the sensible and realistic EV issues outlined here on the forum.

This percentage up and down reminds me of what my employer did once when times got tough. We took a 16% pay cut. A year or more later they announced we were getting the pay restored, we were getting a 16% pay raise!, which of course, no where near equaled the 16% pay cut we had taken. They thought we were just dumb clucks that could not do math, and management, when questioned at meetings we had with them, just gave us a deer in the headlights stare and told us we were stupid that their math showed they were giving us a 16% pay raise. All you could do was shake your head in disbelief and go back to work at the end of the meeting.

Charles

To me, what I have read of the Cummins diesel issue, sounds like government extortion. Cummins has admitted no fault, and has worked for 4 years with the investigators on this. No information has come out as to what Cummins has supposedly done to cheat the system. Hmmm..........

Charles

What are you talking about?

I didn't buy an EV for towing nor did I buy an EV to replace my motorhome, just like I wouldn't buy a gas-powered sedan and expect it to tow a 5th wheel (I don't own one), or someone else's 5th wheel, for that matter.

WE bought an EV (actually, it's for my husband) because it's what he wanted, and I really, really enjoy the performance, and we wanted one. It was a totally elective purchase.

Did you know someone can own multiple types of vehicles, and enjoy them all for what they are intended to do?
Hum, you continue to talk past the ones that have clearly articulated reasons why Evs do not work for people and specific applications that ICE power provides us. You have provided an instance that you are dependent on fossil fuels and will need it for a very long time as long as you own your fossil fuel consuming rv . But all EVs are by products of fossil fuels .

Owning an EV and virtual signaling about it does not make anyone a better stewards of the earth, the position thats the cornerstone of the movement.
I do still like the statement that says it all about transportation needs. And it does not favor one method over the other. Dependable energy sources that provides a true renewable fill up across a large spectrum for the population is fossil fuels.

""You need to get to go, and need to be able to get where you need to go to do the work and get home."

I am surely glad i did not fall for the idea like millions did that the world was going to end in 2016 either. (y)

To me, what I have read of the Cummins diesel issue, sounds like government extortion. Cummins has admitted no fault, and has worked for 4 years with the investigators on this. No information has come out as to what Cummins has supposedly done to cheat the system. Hmmm..........

Charles

Pretty obvious, they settled before a judgement, and companies are motivated to do this when they anticipate losing if legal proceedings continue. They're not required to admit fault in the agreement (that could exponentially expose them to more liability), and they're probably not going to disclose to the public what specific programming in their engine control modules is reporting false data as that's proprietary information.

Another case of "probably not government extortion" since further reading about the issue can be done on the internet.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom