If you are interested in a RAM 2500 or other Stellantis product........

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
At least until this happens....

Dodge CEO Tim Kuniskis has alluded to the possibility that the Charger and Challenger names could be used for future electrified vehicles, including a forthcoming electric muscle car in 2024. He’s previously said he believes electrification — whether hybrid vehicles with less powerful engines or all-electric models — will save what he has called the new “Golden Age of muscle cars.”

I welcome it. Times change. EV's deliver stunning performance...

Back to square one....how much did yours cost?
Actually nobody cares. The whole of the deal has to make value for the buyer or it doesn't happen. Price is just one part of that. For a base gas powered model, regular cab, 2WD and nearly no options, msrp had to be in the low '40's and he probably got a discount since anyone who asks for it gets one.

My '22 had a sticker of $93k. I didn't pay that. By the time I factor in the funny money from a couple of favorable trades over the past 4 yrs, it worked out to a bit over $45k if memory serves.

Now that the market has flipped, I'll be keeping this one a while. Which is fine since I ordered it with exactly what I wanted and nothing I didn't care about.

Just like nobody actually admits to being a bad driver, nobody ever does a bad car deal. Every deal is good or great, even if they overpaid. I'm not saying anyone here got a bad deal. But we all do justify our purchases in weird ways.

Just like nobody actually admits to being a bad driver, nobody ever does a bad car deal. Every deal is good or great, even if they overpaid. I'm not saying anyone here got a bad deal. But we all do justify our purchases in weird ways.
The last car I bought was a horrible deal. I had not used credit in over 20 years so my credit rating was in the pits. I was spending too much money trying to keep my 95 Mercury driveable so I decided I had to buy a newer car. I found the car I wanted and went inside and told the salesman to grease me up and stick it in. I just signed whatever they put in front of me without a complaint. I kept the car for two years paying it automatically on line. Then I refinanced it to 1.9% interest on the remaining balance. It has been paid off for a few years and it has been the best car I ever owned. It looked like a bad deal in the beginning but in the end it worked out ok.

And a lot of people think I am a bad driver due to driving so slow. So I guess I am a bad driver but I don't care. 60 years of driving without a major accident and I am still alive.

Back to square one....how much did yours cost?
Right at 33% less than the one in Post #1.
Actually nobody cares. The whole of the deal has to make value for the buyer or it doesn't happen. Price is just one part of that. For a base gas powered model, regular cab, 2WD and nearly no options, msrp had to be in the low '40's and he probably got a discount since anyone who asks for it gets one.

My '22 had a sticker of $93k. I didn't pay that. By the time I factor in the funny money from a couple of favorable trades over the past 4 yrs, it worked out to a bit over $45k if memory serves.

Now that the market has flipped, I'll be keeping this one a while. Which is fine since I ordered it with exactly what I wanted and nothing I didn't care about.
Close, but there were no manufacturer rebates or dealer incentives, and none of the dealers within an hour+ drive of me were interested in dealing on a 2500. They all said, "The online build price is what you pay." So that's what I paid. Still well less than $50k out-the-door.

Ok now I am really confused, can't imagine how his 50% became 33%....how much did the 2500 cost?
If you take $100 and add 50%, you have $150. The $50 you added is 33% of $150, so the added amount is 33% of the final amount, though it was 50% of the original amount. Simple math, if you think it through.

If you take $100 and add 50%, you have $150. The $50 you added is 33% of $150, so the added amount is 33% of the final amount, though it was 50% of the original amount. Simple math, if you think it through.
Yes, but he said he paid 50% less than the average price at $69k. Did he mean he got it for $46k? If so that would work out to be 33% off the average price.
EDIT...read his reply just now...yep a little under 33% off. Good price for a 2500.

If I didn't care, I wouldn't have asked for clarification.

The last car I bought was a horrible deal. I had not used credit in over 20 years so my credit rating was in the pits. I was spending too much money trying to keep my 95 Mercury driveable so I decided I had to buy a newer car. I found the car I wanted and went inside and told the salesman to grease me up and stick it in. I just signed whatever they put in front of me without a complaint. I kept the car for two years paying it automatically on line. Then I refinanced it to 1.9% interest on the remaining balance. It has been paid off for a few years and it has been the best car I ever owned. It looked like a bad deal in the beginning but in the end it worked out ok.

And a lot of people think I am a bad driver due to driving so slow. So I guess I am a bad driver but I don't care. 60 years of driving without a major accident and I am still alive.

I find no fault with honesty. And you paid it off, that's the important part. Slow drivers unite - I'm typically a speed-limit driver and DO adhere to slow posted speeds in RV parks! Amazing how angry that makes some folks when they're behind you.

I paid too much for a Jeep Wrangler this year even though I got more than 10% off MSRP, it's too expensive for what it is. But I wanted it, and instead of waiting 5 years hmm-ing and haw-ing about it and waiting for perfect market conditions, I went out and bought it.

Why didn’t he just pull on the handle to open the door. Was he “challenged” in some way?

Was that before or after he slammed the car into a guardrail, on a freeway at 70mph posted speeds, while driving under the influence?

I had totally forgotten that firefighters need not wear SCBA for conventional car fires as no toxic fumes are produced from those. ...Right?! Amazing journalism on this incident. Teslas are so scary!!! o_O

Oh look, another thread-turned-tilting-at-EV's. Haven't seen one of those in 5 minutes...

Yeah, I'm no fan but you could tell that from the post I made. Not trying to convince others to not consider them. In fact, I'd rather see millions more of them so gasoline costs won't be so volatile for people like me who will never own an electric vehicle for daily driving. Being a deck builder and hauling heavy loads via trailer quite often it makes ZERO sense to even consider one. Range and towing are laughable with EV trucks as they are configured today.
Nothing for you to take personally, if you believe they are the best thing for you for the future, thatr's great, just don't expect everyone to chime in with agreement.

And for the record there are MANY instances of these vehicles catching fire without being in an accident. I didn't even click on any of the links so I have no idea about that one incident.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom