If you are interested in a RAM 2500 or other Stellantis product........

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I’m pretty sure there is a GVWR stipulation attached. For example up here 3/4 tons and above are not part of the program. If someone really wanted to sidestep the restrictions on gas vehicle sales one could just buy a 3/4 ton SUV or truck.

Not sure of the wording anymore though. I saw it a couple years ago.

Cheers.

A lot of ICE development and innovation for the better happened because of EPA, CAFE and CARB standards.
Ah, OK. Yes, that is true. But in my particular case I wouldn't care if my truck got 8 MPG, gas was $10/gal, and it only did 0-60 in 28 seconds. I bought it for its towing and cargo capacity...period.

However, by raising the CAFE bar to new heights they are forcing ICE vehicles out of the market, even though a lot of the manufacturers/dealers aren't interested in the EV market because their demographic won't buy them. Look what happened to Buick.

Ah, OK. Yes, that is true. But in my particular case I wouldn't care if my truck got 8 MPG, gas was $10/gal, and it only did 0-60 in 28 seconds. I bought it for its towing and cargo capacity...period.

However, by raising the CAFE bar to new heights they are forcing ICE vehicles out of the market, even though a lot of the manufacturers/dealers aren't interested in the EV market because their demographic won't buy them. Look what happened to Buick.
In the area of trucks, part of the increased MPG pertains to removing weight. Plastics, derived from fossil fuels, again under attack makes things even more expensive and more unsafe.

Of course all this air bag crap, warning sensors and related engine equipment dealing with epa requirements only removes total power and of course the cost continues to increase as a result for the finished product.

We know that to offset a lot of the epa ratings was for the manufacturers to produce sardine cans for sale that did not sell . And for sure there is a large percentage of the American population that would never fit inside of these sardine cans either.

For every action there is always a reaction, rarely to the plus of the consumer either.

I was reading up on some of the new laws and regulations taking affect as of Jan.1 2024 and in the list its showing that indeed Ca. will not allow transport trucks to be registered and operate unless its electric or hydrogen.
We know that there has already been issues with the Volvo trucks. Of course with the down time for charging and the extra weight caused by the batteries, the bottom line of the cost of operation increases and of course gets passed along to the consumer.

NYTs just did a current story on related issues of the new mandate and bill.
Neri Diaz thought he was ready for a crucial juncture in California’s ambitious plans, closely watched in other states and around the world, to phase out diesel-powered trucks.

His company, Harbor Pride Logistics, acquired 14 electric trucks this year to work alongside 32 diesel vehicles, in anticipation of a rule that says diesel rigs can no longer be added to the list of vehicles approved to move goods in and out of California’s ports. But in August the manufacturer of Mr. Diaz’s electric vehicles, Nikola, took back the trucks as part of a recall, saying it would return them in the first quarter of the new year.

“It’s a brand-new technology, first generation, so I knew things were going to happen, but I wasn’t expecting all my 14 trucks to be taken back,” he said. “It is a big impact on my operations.”

Last edited:
No,apparently you didn't't read my quote.... I quoted Tulecreeper!!
I quoted what you said in post #85. Your quote of Tule, in post #2, was "I paid 50% less than that for my 2023 RAM 2500. Some folks are just idjits." which included misleading math, which was discussed by several folks in subsequent posts that you apparently missed.

Whatever!!! I still say there are NO new 2023 RAM 2500's out there anyplace for less than $35,000. If so please send me the add!!!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom