Sex in the RV (Fifth Wheel) - What should we know and keep in mind?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My wife and I were sitting outside enjoying the evening air the other night. After a few minutes we heard a woman a couple of sites away start yelling "Ooh, ooh, ooh, yes, yes, yes, yes, YES!". We looked at each other and laughed. A short time later I walked past her site on a dumpster run, and there she was sitting outside all alone. Watching a hockey game on the outside TV... :)
That's hilarious @NY_Dutch.

Must be a popular hobby as it is still going with 80 posts! If we should vote on the subject my vote is yes!
Funny, @Kirk. It does make me laugh that this became the most popular post in long time. After watching so many videos and seeing how the full-time RV crowd is really a tight-knit community, I thought to myself: "What if we eventually meet folks who have read this post and I mistakenly reveal that I'm "Yorick" from RVForum?" That might be embarrassing. :D

Funny, @Kirk. .... "What if we eventually meet folks who have read this post and I mistakenly reveal that I'm "Yorick" from RVForum?" That might be embarrassing. :D
No it won't. Just the opposite. Your initial post has brought a lot of laughter, smiles, and self-reflection from everyone who put a response on here. Your subject matter is truly uplifting, and so different, it's absolutely refreshing.

Sex is very much a part of everyone's life. From birth to death, sex drives the world. We've let society somehow try to teach us its a "bad thing", when really, God endorsed it from the beginning, and humanity as been following his instructions ever since. Nothing wrong with that.

Far too many have let society taint a subject that is perfectly human, perfectly acceptable between consenting adults, and perfectly ... a whole lot of fun! Nothing wrong with that at all. What makes the this thread so enlightening is because of our conditioning it's suppose to done in absolute secret, never talked about, and never admitted to. You have opened the door for some of those folks who have been stiffled for so long, to actually open up and express themselves.... even if it's a joke or something serious to add.

No one will snicker behind your back if you stumble across another forum member in a campground. Just the opposite, I think secretly, they will admire your courage to voice a truly serious question about the most popular subject ever, on planet Earth.

No it won't. Just the opposite. Your initial post has brought a lot of laughter, smiles, and self-reflection from everyone who put a response on here. Your subject matter is truly uplifting, and so different, it's absolutely refreshing.

Sex is very much a part of everyone's life. From birth to death, sex drives the world. We've let society somehow try to teach us its a "bad thing", when really, God endorsed it from the beginning, and humanity as been following his instructions ever since. Nothing wrong with that.

Far too many have let society taint a subject that is perfectly human, perfectly acceptable between consenting adults, and perfectly ... a whole lot of fun! Nothing wrong with that at all. What makes the this thread so enlightening is because of our conditioning it's suppose to done in absolute secret, never talked about, and never admitted to. You have opened the door for some of those folks who have been stiffled for so long, to actually open up and express themselves.... even if it's a joke or something serious to add.

No one will snicker behind your back if you stumble across another forum member in a campground. Just the opposite, I think secretly, they will admire your courage to voice a truly serious question about the most popular subject ever, on planet Earth.
Thanks, @DutchmenSport. I look forward to (Lord willing!) eventually meet you and others as well soon.

All this feedback has been so helpful. Even the candid ones have been great insight and further encouraged us to move forward with our plans.

Yes! You totally get what I was getting at and why I was asking. Sex is too "hidden". It's a private and special experience between me and my wife. But the topic should not be taboo. That's why we discuss the topic with our kids openly. We want to be the ones to educate them on the very unique relationship that God has given a man and his special bride. Thanks again for "getting me". :)

Last edited:
It's a private and special experience between me and my wife. But the topic should not be taboo.
We used travel with a couple who would occasionally have music playing much louder than usual in an evening, such that we could hear it in our RV if we had the windows open. After an hour or a bit less the music would be back to a normal volume and for some reason, the following morning they would both be in a better than usual mood. We never mentioned it to them but we did speculate if there might have been hints that they noticed from our RV on occasion. We still haven't figured out what that hint might have been but would not be surprised at all if there was one.

So, I finally bought the rig and we're making preparations for our first trip. I've docked the rig at my sister's property to prepare it. We finally got a chance to see what it would be like as we moved around in the rig.

I have to say that those of you that said we'd feel it rocking no matter how much we stabilize it are absolutely right! This RV newbie thought that additional supports (tripod on the nose, jacks in the back) added to the 6 rods would help. While they do help, there's no way that my wife and I can "hide" our activities.

However, here's a caveat I learned. Our 2021 Grand Design Solitude 378MBS has a washer and dryer in the master bedroom. When the laundry is running, it shakes the rig. So, laundry days will be fun days. :)

If you’re that worried about the trailer rocking during the activities just move outside to the picnic table. Most of the ones I’ve encountered while camping are pretty stout. 😎
That's hilarious @Oldgator73. However, my wife did have an idea that is not far from yours but much more discreet and private. She recommended that we setup a large 4-man size tent when tents are allowed and we cuddle there in the evenings. We're going to try that out since we both like the sound of the leaves rustling in the wind.

One of our assignments in the AF was Barksdale AFB, Bossier City, LA; actually we were stationed there twice but this was the second time. We purchased a house with railroad tracks in the rear. Our evening my wife had an idea it might be fun to get frisky on the kids trampoline in the back yard. Of course I said yes. So we’re on the trampoline (by the way it doesn’t take much effort, after a few minutes the trampoline does all the work) and we hear the train coming. My wife got a bit nervous. I told her not to worry the engineer would never see us. As the train got right behind our house we heard the train whistle wailing. I guess he did see us. 😎

One of our assignments in the AF was Barksdale AFB, Bossier City, LA; actually we were stationed there twice but this was the second time. We purchased a house with railroad tracks in the rear. Our evening my wife had an idea it might be fun to get frisky on the kids trampoline in the back yard. Of course I said yes. So we’re on the trampoline (by the way it doesn’t take much effort, after a few minutes the trampoline does all the work) and we hear the train coming. My wife got a bit nervous. I told her not to worry the engineer would never see us. As the train got right behind our house we heard the train whistle wailing. I guess he did see us. 😎
I was also stationed at Barksdale in the 70s. Hated the boring "alert" days.

While they do help, there's no way that my wife and I can "hide" our activities.

However, here's a caveat I learned. Our 2021 Grand Design Solitude 378MBS has a washer and dryer in the master bedroom. When the laundry is running, it shakes the rig. So, laundry days will be fun days. :)
So If the washer & dryer are " Are rockin', don't come Knockin'"??? ;)...
Butch

I'll only add that it doesn't sound to me like the kids have a lot of choice other than living outside in a tent. Don't know what their family situation is but if I were the father or the grandfather and my kids (grandkids) told me this story CPS would be involved and that's the good part.

While they do help, there's no way that my wife and I can "hide" our activities.
Darkness does a pretty good job of that. Rainy weather also tends to limit the observers.
just move outside to the picnic table.
That reminds me of an incident when we were campground hosts for Cheney State Park in KS about 25 years ago. It was very early in the season, before Memorial Day and the park was pretty much empty midweek. One weekday afternoon we were returning from a grocery run about 1 pm and as we turned into the campground we were looking directly at the end of the picnic table where the bench was apparently mating season for some very large, overweight folks. It was not a pretty site. Pam was shocked and it reminded me of watching as hogs mated back on the farm.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom