In LA, CA today, the gas price:

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Maybe this, are you too young to remember them?

:) I had one when I was young.

Oh no, I remember those. They're still great for labeling. It's just not something I want to stick to the inside of the car's windshield ;)

I do mine with a paint pen because I found the sharpie rubs off with a little oil.

I wish I could find an economical way to print the little stickers. My handwriting in sharpie or paint pen doesn’t look great…lol
Mine too. I've learned to live with it - LOL...

Edit - OK you sparked a thought - If you're committed maybe a rubber band stamp? This one allows you to customize the bands even adding months to it.

Overkill for me but there ya go...

1699194891192.png

I cancelled my annual trip to HB this year. From Renton. Not paying $5.XX per gallon. That is double what I paid this time last year in California. I am not letting that state (or nay for that matter) in my billfold anymore. There is NO valid rational reason anyone in this country should be paying what they are asking these days. None.

I cancelled my annual trip to HB this year. From Renton. Not paying $5.XX per gallon. That is double what I paid this time last year in California. I am not letting that state (or nay for that matter) in my billfold anymore. There is NO valid rational reason anyone in this country should be paying what they are asking these days. None.
It’s the same reason you sell your house for as much as a buyer will pay, it belongs to you. Gas here is $2.94 today, about what it was this time last year.

2400 miles round trip... 8 miles to the gallon in a gas motorhome = 300 gallons of fuel. Estimated.

At $6.00/gallon, that's $1800
At $3.00/gallon, that's $900

An extra $900 is nothing to sneeze at, for sure.

But the money isn't really going to any "state" per se, the majority is going to oil companies. Taxes are assessed per gallon, not the price per gallon...

Spent las
2400 miles round trip... 8 miles to the gallon in a gas motorhome = 300 gallons of fuel. Estimated.

But the money isn't really going to any "state" per se, the majority is going to oil companies. Taxes are assessed per gallon, not the price per gallon...
Last year I spent total of $1670.XX in fuel total. Gas then was in the low-mid $3.XX range in Calif. It would be well north of 2K now. An extra $900 is only sending an invitation for more hike down the road. It isn't because I can't but because I won't...principal.

I try to avoid buying gasoline in CA as well as here western NV. Easy to do with an 80-gallon tank. That will get me around 680 miles or so in my Class A.

One thing nice about having an RV in CA is no matter what direction I travel to, the gasoline will be cheaper & seem like a big bargain. Especially in Texas. Lots of miles in Texas and at half the gas price of what I am used to.

Must be a bummer for those who live in Texas. They probably feel they cannot leave TX in their RVs. :D

-Don- Reno, NV

I try to avoid buying gasoline in CA as well as here western NV. Easy to do with an 80-gallon tank. That will get me around 680 miles or so in my Class A.

One thing nice about having an RV in CA is no matter what direction I travel to, the gasoline will be cheaper & seem like a big bargain. Especially in Texas. Lots of miles in Texas and at half the gas price of what I am used to.

Must be a bummer for those who live in Texas. They probably feel they cannot leave TX in their RVs. :D

-Don- Reno, NV
That makes sense, "I like living in California because it's better everywhere else"

An oil company, egg producer, bread maker, landscaper....can charge whatever the market will bear for their products and/or services. That's how capitalism works, you can't sell your car or your house for the most $ a buyer will pay, which is exactly what you will do (free market), but then expect an oil company to sell gas for what you want to pay ( price control) . If you don't want it, don't buy it, if enough people stop buying then the price will drop. If the price keeps rising then people are still buying, which is apparently what they're doing.
Otherwise, if every RV owner in America stopped buying diesel and gas today it wouldn't even move the needle. Nor do I suspect there would be much sympathy generated for owners of luxury items ( motorhomes, boats) who are complaining about the price of fuel.

It would make sense to nationalize oil/gas production at this point since fuel is basically an essential commodity.

As for the cost of living, there's a reason it's much cheaper than California in other places.

The price of regular gas in California can vary by more than $1.00 a gallon depending on station and location. When we returned from our Quartzsite trip in early March, gas at Costco in our area was about $4.50 a gallon. Most recently it is closer to $5.00 at the same station. However there are stations selling regular for about $6.00 within a mile. Both the special California blend and higher taxes account for part of the increased. But certainly that's not $2.00 or more per gallon. I've always believed it the Oil companies way of sticking it to California for not allowing more drilling.

It would make sense to nationalize oil/gas production at this point since fuel is basically an essential commodity.

As for the cost of living, there's a reason it's much cheaper than California in other places.
Let us know how gov't control of the means of production works out as a campaign slogan. Food is essential, should grocery stores be nationalized? What about electricity? Most everyone needs a vehicle, should Ford and GM be nationalized?

Let us know how gov't control of the means of production works out as a campaign slogan. Food is essential, should grocery stores be nationalized? What about electricity? Most everyone needs a vehicle, should Ford and GM be nationalized?

There's that completely erroneous slippery slope argument. Nope, just fuel.

I see little point to fretting over what gas prices are in California. I hardly fret over prices where I happen to be, short of knowing where the best prices might be along my planned route.

Never happen. Too much $$$ exchanging hands behind the scenes. The milk and egg producers don't have that kind of cash.

, "I like living in California because it's better everywhere else"
Not "better" everywhere else, just cheaper. You get what you pay for by living in CA. Even at CA's prices, it remains the state of all 50 where most people wish to live.

Even with all those leaving who can no longer afford CA. I doubt TX will get ahead of CAs population any time soon, but it is getting closer:

~31 million people in Texas and increasing.

~39 million in CA but decreasing.

-Don- Reno, NV

Not "better" everywhere else, just cheaper. You get what you pay for by living in CA. Even at CA's prices, it remains the state of all 50 where most people wish to live.
Actually, I believe it's more and more becoming "the state where many people are simply stuck because they don't have the funds to move".

Back
Top Bottom