Sex in the RV (Fifth Wheel) - What should we know and keep in mind?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I know it's a moot point since the OP is not looking for suggestions on what to buy, but "just sayin" my nephew just bought a trailer with an interesting floor plan. The MBR is in the front with a door. The bunkroom with bunk beds is fully aft with a door, and the bathroom even has a door to the exterior so-that when the kids are asleep you can use the can without disturbing them. I thought of this as soon as I read the original post.
Hi @Mitch Hates CT, that's actually the same exact floorplan we are looking at (rooms on opposite sides with a back door to the bathroom in the back). So, what did your nephew say about that one? Also, what make and model is it? Would love to get his feedback.

My wife and I are both 60, all the kids are out of the house. Before we had children, my beautiful wife and I were not ‘quite’ in the bedroom( if you get my drift). All the years we raised are children, we were more subdued, more discreet about location in the house, etc.
Now we are ‘empty nesters’, both of us are much inclined to conduct ourselves more so as we did before children. If our neighbors in town, or those on the site next to us, or 3 sites over hear us, too darn bad.

I'm sure my subject seems like click-bait. I assure you this is a serious question. We are considering living full time in a large 5th wheel and traveling 4 to 6 months out of the year to explore the country while working from the road. You can see more about our plan here:

My wife and I are newly weds. We will have her two daughters with us in the RV. We have a very active and healthy sex life. I'd love to hear advice and insights from you to prepare for life in a RV with a healthy sex life.

For example, I noticed in the RVs I looked that that putting down the levelers takes away almost all of the bounce in the rig. However, if it's on the wheels, it does quite a bit of bouncing.

Advice please...
This might have already been suggested, but hang a sign on your entrance door which reads: If The Camper Is Rockin, Don't Come Knockin!

I've seen earthquakes and heard banshees, and that was just the neighbors!

I don't believe it's possible to stabilize an rv in a normal sense and there's certainly very little sound insulation. The most stable I've had was a TT up on cinder blocks like a mobile home, but it wasn't going to travel.

Think about it this way; you'll be the envy of the rv park.

We have a toyhauler with a 6 point hydraulic level system. You know when we are getting busy, just ask my sister in law. They were sleeping in the pull down bed in the garage which is 35plus feet away

[FLASH_VIDEO] <iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe> [/FLASH_VIDEO]

My wife and I are both 60, all the kids are out of the house. Before we had children, my beautiful wife and I were not ‘quite’ in the bedroom( if you get my drift). All the years we raised are children, we were more subdued, more discreet about location in the house, etc.
Now we are ‘empty nesters’, both of us are much inclined to conduct ourselves more so as we did before children. If our neighbors in town, or those on the site next to us, or 3 sites over hear us, too darn bad.
@Mr Lars , we're similar. Certainly, we are more quiet with the kids in the house (or any family) in our own home. I'm wondering, however, if we need to tone it down even more in a RV with bedrooms on opposite sides. We'll just have to figure it out when we get there. :)

I've seen earthquakes and heard banshees, and that was just the neighbors!

I don't believe it's possible to stabilize an rv in a normal sense and there's certainly very little sound insulation. The most stable I've had was a TT up on cinder blocks like a mobile home, but it wasn't going to travel.

Think about it this way; you'll be the envy of the rv park.
@johnhicks , Thanks for the insights.

We have a toyhauler with a 6 point hydraulic level system. You know when we are getting busy, just ask my sister in law. They were sleeping in the pull down bed in the garage which is 35plus feet away
@steveblonde , this one of the most helpful responses so far as it is real experience. Thank you so much! This sets my expectation so far.

@steveblonde , this one of the most helpful responses so far as it is real experience. Thank you so much! This sets my expectation so far.
Just so you are aware even a bigger person opening the door and going up or down the steps is felt throughout the coach - its not rocking but you can feel a slight movement. Sexual activity tends to be a bit more raucous shall we say, and noise travels far and wide in a campground

I pretty much think it's your responsibility to extend the same courtesy that others extend to you, especially the kids for gawd sake. I'm 65 yrs old, my parents are dead and still the thought of them having sex makes my quiver. We're all entitled to the peaceful enjoyment of the space we rent and live in, don't put yourselves first! Peace

My wife and I were sitting outside enjoying the evening air the other night. After a few minutes we heard a woman a couple of sites away start yelling "Ooh, ooh, ooh, yes, yes, yes, yes, YES!". We looked at each other and laughed. A short time later I walked past her site on a dumpster run, and there she was sitting outside all alone. Watching a hockey game on the outside TV... :)

Back
Top Bottom